Siaw Ping

I have started reading a new book, entitled “Taking Your Soul to Work” by R. Paul Stevens and Alvin Ung. My church invited Brother Alvin for a career talk. This book surrounds around fruit of spirit to relate to workplace. It’s an English book, definitely. I enjoy reading it, although at slower pace, as it’s well-organised.

Please read John 21:15 – 25 before proceed.

I always feel bad when i compare myself with others. And of course, envy arouses when we start to measure how well-being we are in the midst of the crowd. Sometimes i do wandering around, thinking that it might be good if i didn’t start off to be on top of the world at young age.

Success taste has been filling my days since young. The feeling of being excelling penetrates every single edge of my heart. It’s hard to pull myself down and to put myself into others’ shoes. There is one example shown in the book that i would like to share more. First of all, you need to follow the rule of the game, please read the verses ya. TQ~~

When we read this part, our main focus will always be why Jesus asks Peter to feed His sheep repeatedly for three times? Before that, i would like to draw your attention to how Peter answers Jesus. Peter is hurt when Jesus asks him the third time. If i were Peter, i guess i blow out already even being asked for the second time impatiently.

This scenario actually reflects my response towards GOD. Being impatient, being unlovable.... GOD is not loso-ing, HE is always here encouraging me, affirming me that HE is by my side anytime. By the way, why Jesus throws out the question three times? In Greek, the three ‘love’s represent different levels of love. Believers are referred to as sheep throughout Scripture. From here, i know that to take care of sheep is really not as easy as ABC. This motivates me not to give up when encounter stumbling blocks when serving GOD or growing in Christ.

We always miss out verse 15:20, incident where Peter points to another disciple after answering Jesus. Jesus is moulding Peter to be a better man. However, Peter seems to oversee it as a ‘ma-fan’ question. At the very end, he points to another disciple (John) “How about him”?

As for myself, i do the same thing as Peter does too. When i am appointed to do certain task, i will point to other and voice out the same feeling or sometimes keep in heart unrevealed. Without i myself realising, it is indeed envious feeling because i feel like doing more tasks and others leisuring around. You see how Jesus answers Peter, it’s none of his business.

“Wah, mana eh sai like that” is my first thought. I begin to ponder over and over again. I know that GOD is in control of everything, He is the sailor and He takes control of the direction. But somehow i don’t live out the truth. I always see others as example, not Jesus. What people in church do/involve in or how they act, i will feel that it’s right because Christians do right things. Subsequently, i will try out as well. Definitely, this statement is not 100% precision.

I just need to stay still and obey what’s GOD’s plan for me, and not pointing at others. GOD has HIS unique plan for each and every one of us. We have special individuality in GOD.

Other may have happy family, excellent result, bright future, confidence in serving, romantic relationship, lasting friendship, caring friends, sophisticated bicycle, pretty clothing, latest hand-phone, wind-blowing hairstyle, sweet singing voice, good in speaking.....the list goes on and on. Gambateh and be the one who love, love, love JESUS ya. Let’s do it together and invite more into the list ya.

Sorry for my poor sharing ya. Anyway, hope that you enjoy it. :P
0 Responses